Add, Create, or Modify a Calculated or Total Column in the Gradebook is a new feature being voted on now in the Canvas Community. This feature would allow you to calculate things in the Gradebook beyond adding things up or weighting them. Add, Create, or Modify a Calculated or Total Column in the Gradebook is being voted on now in the Canvas Community.
- Shuffle answers at the question level is a new feature being voted on now in the Canvas Community. This feature would allow you to shuffle the possible answers of all the questions. Shuffle answers at the question level is being voted on now in the Canvas Community.
- Message Students Directly From People Tab is a new feature being voted on now in the Canvas Community. This feature would allow you message students from their people page. Message Students Directly From People Tab is being voted on now in the Canvas Community.
K-State Online Updates
Updates to Canvas were released on Oct. 8. Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle through which features are added or updated on the third weekend of the month. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete October Release Notes. In addition to the Canvas release, Information Technology Services releases updates to services and integrations with K-State Online through the month as necessary.
- Concluded Course SpeedGrader Link — In concluded course assignments, instructors can view the SpeedGrader link in the sidebar. This change allows instructors easier access to view previous student work and comments in an assignment. This change also improves consistency with the SpeedGrader link throughout Canvas assessment feature areas and matches the link already found in graded discussions and quizzes.
- Sidebar Course Names — The To Do, Coming Up, and other sections in the Dashboard sidebar display the course code (or short name) instead of the full name. However, if a user has set a nickname for the course, the sidebar defaults to the course nickname.
- LTI Submission Icon — When a student submits an LTI assignment, the Gradebook displays the submission document icon instead of displaying a blank entry.
- Question Bank Question Detail Answers — In question banks, users can click the Show Question Details link and view the correct answer indicator for each quiz question. Question details can be viewed in account- and course-level question banks.
K-State Online | Home
K-State Online Canvas is the online learning environment for Kansas State University. K-State Online provides integration with KSIS for course and final grade management, a variety of tools and services to connect student and instructors with the variety of options on the web, mobile apps and mobile browser support, as well as the tools and communication options that instructors, staff and students need.
Kansas State University relied on Classic for more than 15 years as the learning management system for K-State Online. While we have continuously improved this system, circumstances make it no longer feasible for us to continue to do so. K-State Online Classic is now in read-only mode for export and archiving of any needed historical data.