- Automatically assign groups within sections of a course is a new feature being voted on now in the Canvas Community. This feature would allow Instructors to generate groups and keep those groups in a specific section. Automatically assign groups within sections of a course is being voted on now in the Canvas Community.
Add, Create, or Modify a Calculated or Total Column in the Gradebook is a new feature being voted on now in the Canvas Community. This feature would allow you to calculate things in the Gradebook beyond adding things up or weighting them. Add, Create, or Modify a Calculated or Total Column in the Gradebook is being voted on now in the Canvas Community.
K-State Online Updates
Updates to Canvas were released on Sept. 17. Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle through which features are added or updated on the third weekend of the month. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete September Release Notes. In addition to the Canvas release, Information Technology Services releases updates to services and integrations with K-State Online through the month as necessary.
- Custom Course Visibility — In Course Settings, the visibility options have been changed to allow more customization for courses and content. Previously, visibility could only be set at the course or public levels. Now we have an “Institution” choice which allows all users associated with K-State to view the course. K-Staters can only view the course if they are given the link to the URL or the course is included in the public course index and they authenticate through Canvas.
- Excessive Points Alert — If an instructor adds an excessive amount of extra points to a student’s grade, Canvas generates an alert notifying that the student was awarded an unusually high grade. This update helps instructors be aware when excessive points are entered in the Gradebook.
- Moderate Quiz Student Search Filter — The Moderate Quiz page includes a search filter, which allows instructors to search for students by name. This change helps instructors more easily locate students in a course.
- Student Attendance View — For courses using the Attendance tool, students can view their attendance as part of the Attendance assignment submission details page. Students can also access Attendance submission details from the Grades page.
- MathMan Integration — Canvas has integrated a new backend service called MathMan, which is designed to improve LaTeX images generated by the Rich Content Editor equation editor.
K-State Online | Home
K-State Online Canvas is the online learning environment for Kansas State University. K-State Online provides integration with KSIS for course and final grade management, a variety of tools and services to connect student and instructors with the variety of options on the web, mobile apps and mobile browser support, as well as the tools and communication options that instructors, staff and students need.
Kansas State University relied on Classic for more than 15 years as the learning management system for K-State Online. While we have continuously improved this system, circumstances make it no longer feasible for us to continue to do so. K-State Online Classic is now in read-only mode for export and archiving of any needed historical data.