- Reminder — K-State Online Classic will be retired Jan. 1, 2017. Instructors will no longer have the ability to access K-State Online Classic after Jan. 1, 2017. Instructors who need access to their old content in Classic will be required to submit a request form.
- Increase Gradebook Note Character limit is a new feature being voted on now in the Canvas Community. This feature would allow instructors to leave a larger amount of notes in the Gradebook. Increase Gradebook Note Character limit is being voted on now in the Canvas Community.
Video to enhance face-to-face and/or online instruction, presence, and interaction
Do you want to learn how to use video in different ways to improve instruction, presence, and interaction in both face-to-face and online instruction? Brent Anders, senior electronic media coordinator, recorded a presentation on how video can be created and used to help with instruction of the course content as well as to help establish and increase instructor presence.
K-State Online Updates
Updates to Canvas were released on Nov. 19. Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle through which features are added or updated on the third weekend of the month. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete November Release Notes. In addition to the Canvas release, Information Technology Services releases updates to services and integrations with K-State Online through the month as necessary.
- Mastery Paths — The Canvas Mastery Paths feature allows instructors to customize learning experiences to students based on student performance. Instructors and course designers can identify activities for each learning path and decide whether an assignment should be required or optional. They can also allow students to choose their own content and assignments within a specific path. When allowed at the account level, the feature can be enabled on a course-by-course basis.
- Concluded Courses — Instructors with analytics permissions can view analytics in concluded courses. The course analytics button displays in the Course Home Page.
- To Do List and Submission Terminology — In the student Dashboard, No Submission or Not Graded assignments with a due date display in the To Do list as Complete the assignment instead of Turn In the assignment.
- Week and Agenda View Updates — The Calendar Week and Agenda Views have been updated to simplify the look and feel. No functionality has been affected.
K-State Online | Home
K-State Online Canvas is the online learning environment for Kansas State University. K-State Online provides integration with KSIS for course and final grade management, a variety of tools and services to connect student and instructors with the variety of options on the web, mobile apps and mobile browser support, as well as the tools and communication options that instructors, staff and students need.
Kansas State University relied on Classic for more than 15 years as the learning management system for K-State Online. While we have continuously improved this system, circumstances make it no longer feasible for us to continue to do so. K-State Online Classic is now in read-only mode for export and archiving of any needed historical data.