On May 22, 2018, there was an accidental fire on the roof of Hale Library. Hale Library suffered substantial damage as a result of the smoke and the large amount of water needed to extinguish the fire. The building will remain closed for the 2018-2019 school year.
Library and IT services have been relocated across campus. To see a complete list of quiet and group study locations, library help desks, free printing locations, and computers labs, view the service locations list.
Library and Research Resources:
Faculty, staff, and students should use the free Interlibrary Loan service to get books and articles from other libraries. All online library resources are available, but most of the physical collection that was in Hale will not be available during the 2018-2019 school year. Please note: we usually aren't able to provide textbooks through this service. Stop by any library help desk either at our new Union location or a branch library to get help making a request online.
Library Services available at the following locations:
- Welcome Desk, K-State Student Union
- Weigel Library, Regnier Hall, Room 0081
- Math/Physics Library, Cardwell Hall, Room 105
- Vet Med Library, Trotter Hall, Room 422
The online Ask A Librarian services are being staffed and the branch libraries (MathPhysics, Weigel Architecture, Veterinary Medicine, and K-State Polytechnic) are all operating fully. For a complete list of branch locations, go to http://www.lib.k-state.edu/locations.
Are you looking for a quiet study space? Go to http://www.k-state.edu/its/recovery/service-locations.html to see all the available locations.
Scantron - the Scantron software is available, and a new Scantron machine is located just outside the Cat's Pause Lounge on the second floor of the K-State Student Union. Faculty should bring a USB drive to load files because the computer attached to the Scantron machine does not currently have a working network connection. Use of the Scantron machine is limited to the hours the IT Help Desk is open. The current times are:
- Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. (excluding holidays)
- Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 1 - 5 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 - 10 p.m.
K-State Online Updates
Updates to Canvas were released on November 17. Canvas operates on a monthly release cycle, with features added or updated every three weeks. To see all the new features and fixed bugs, view the complete November Release Notes. In addition to the Canvas release, Information Technology Services releases updates to services and integrations with K-State Online through the month as necessary.
- Embedded Image File Uploads — Users can directly upload a file to embed in the Rich Content Editor. This change allows users to upload and embed files without first having to upload the image to Canvas.
- Screen Reader and Browser Support — Screen reader support has been discontinued for Internet Explorer 11 and Edge browsers. Windows users who rely on screen reader support should use Firefox as their supported browser. For full details about accessibility support, see Accessibility within Canvas.
- Due and Availability Date Seconds Adjustment — Seconds for due and availability dates are recorded as hh:mm:59 if the minute value is set to 59 (e.g. 11:59 p.m.). However, any due or availability date times manually changed to a non-59 minute value (e.g. 11:30 p.m.) are recorded as hh:mm:00.